Participatory Culture Foundation (PCF) is looking for an energetic and well-organized Full Charge Bookkeeper. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, a problem solver, and willing to learn. This is a part-time position, up to 25 hours per week.
PCF is a nonprofit working to build a more open and collaborative world. Amara, our flagship project, is an award-winning technology that is focused on making all online media content accessible to everyone through subtitling and translating video. We work with individuals and orgs (including TED, Scientific American, Google, and others) to remove barriers to communication and make the web a more inclusive place.
PCF is based out of Boston, Massachusetts, but the team is global and works virtually. We are an open and innovative culture, which is reflected in how we work together. The team relies on voice and video chat, as well as email and instant message to remain in close touch. This position is fully remote.
The Full Charge Bookkeeper will be executing accounts payable, reporting functions, and providing backup for accounts receivables using tools such as Excel, Google Sheets, and QuickBooks Online. We are looking for someone who is able to work well independently, is self-motivated, and has great attention to detail.
- General Accounting: Ensure accounting entries are correct by monitoring Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable accounts. Reconcile balance sheet accounts and prepare all cash reconciliations. Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements using reports generated from QuickBooks Online. Prepare annual budget and monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Accounts Payable: Pay over 200 vendors and contractors per month using the ability to manipulate extensive spreadsheets, import bills to QuickBooks, and use banking sites such as PayPal and Western Union. Research vendor payment history and reconcile individual accounts when needed. Respond to vendor inquiries.
- Accounts Receivable: Backup A/R bookkeepers - create invoices using QuickBooks, send to clients using Gmail, track and correctly apply payments via various applications such as PayPal, and QuickBooks. Research customer payments and reconcile accounts when needed.
PROFESSIONAL LEVEL: Experienced
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED: Associates degree or higher in Business or Accounting
- Familiarity with accounting principles and procedures
- Good understanding of double entry bookkeeping and chart of accounts structure including normal positive and negative balances
- Proficiency with QuickBooks
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel including the ability to create and analyze pivot tables
- Experience with Google Suite products - Google Drive, Gmail, Google Sheets, Google Docs
- Strong communication skills
- Highly self-motivated, prepared to dive in
- A genuine desire to help build a more participatory and inclusive internet
- Reside in the United States
- Minimum three years experience
- Advanced proficiency with Excel, including knowledge of Vlookups, IF statements, etc.
- Experience with non-profit bookkeeping
- QuickBooks certification
- Budget preparation and reporting
- Financial statement preparation and reporting using QBO
Commitment to Diversity
The work of the Participatory Culture Foundation is strengthened by the diversity of our network and our differences in background, culture, experience, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, and much more. We strongly encourage applications from people of color, women, the LGBTQIA community, and persons with disabilities.